Andouille and Kale Skillet
Warm up your morning with some Cajun heat! The combination of kale, free-range eggs and sausage in this nutrient-dense breakfast skillet gives you plenty of energy for your morning workout and beyond.
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 TB cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped organic kale
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 free-range eggs
- sea salt to taste
- Asiago cheese for garnish
1. In a small skillet on medium heat, brown onion in olive oil until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add sausage and cook completely.
2. Stir in kale and tomatoes and saute for one minute, or until kale begins to wilt. Turn heat to low.
3. Hollow out two nests in the skillet mixture for the eggs and break eggs into the nests. Cover and let steam for about three minutes or until the eggs are cooked and set.
4. Remove from heat and enjoy immediately with grated cheese.
|Servings Per Recipe||2|
*Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving.
Photographer: Carmen Troesser