Asparagus and Mushroom Sauté
This quick and easy veggie side dish is simple to make but full of nutrients, fiber and of course, delicious flavor. For this recipe, we use heart-healthy avocado oil, a great source of monounsaturated fat that helps increase the nutrient absorption of those veggies!
Pair with your choice of protein for a low-carb meal ready in just a few minutes.
- 8 stalks organic asparagus
- 1/4 cup organic white mushrooms
- 1 TBSP avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut asparagus stalks about 2 inches from the stem and slice each spear into 2-inch pieces, leaving tips intact.
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 TBSP avocado oil.
3. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring regularly, for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add asparagus and continue to cook, stirring regularly, for about 5-7 minutes or until tender yet crisp. Season with garlic powder and add salt and pepper to taste.
|Servings Per Recipe||1|
*Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving.
Photographer: Carmen Troesser