Autumn Endive Salad Pockets
Autumn in an edible cup! Fiber-rich immune-boosting pears are the star of this autumn hand-held salad. Everything’s nestled in neatly so they’re perfect to serve as appetizers at your fall dinner parties. Add grilled chicken and make them a meal!
- 1 head Organic Belgian endive
- 1 ounce Organic Frisée
- 2s cup Organic Pears, chopped into about 1/2 inch squares
- .25 cup Organic Toasted Walnuts
- .25 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon toasted Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoon Cold-Pressed Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
1.In a small bowl, whisk together honey, olive oil and vinegar.
2.Cut off the base of the endive so that leaves separate and arrange so that they can be filled.
3.Place one little piece of frisee into each endive leaf.
4.In a medium bowl toss the pears, walnuts and pumpkin seeds with the dressing and spoon into the endive leaves.
5.Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles and enjoy!
Nutrition facts per serving
|Servings Per Recipe||3 (2 pockets each)|
Photographer: Carmen Troesser