Banana Almond Ice Cream with Coconut Caramel Sauce
It’s unbelievable how four (power food) ingredients add up to this: an amazing cream-less ice cream full of protein and potassium. Top it off with just a drizzle of the caramel sauce and sea salt flakes… the experience is transcendental.
Banana Almond Ice Cream Ingredients (serves 5)
- 5-6 ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon almond or coconut milk
- ½ cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips
Banana Almond Ice Cream Preparation
- Peel bananas, cut into chunks and freeze, about 2 hours. Remove from freezer, place into blender or food processor with almond butter and coconut or almond milk. Blend until very smooth and stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into container and freeze until solid.
- When ready to serve, scoop into a cup, bowl, or gluten-free cone. For an added treat, drizzle a tablespoon of caramel sauce over ice cream, along with flaked sea salt to taste.
Note: The caramel sauce is not dairy-free. If eating dairy is not an option for you, go ahead and leave this off. It’s still amazing by itself.
Coconut Caramel Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 can (about 7 oz) lite coconut milk
- 1/4 cup palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
Coconut Caramel Sauce Preparation
- Place all ingredients in small saucepan and heat on low/medium heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes.
Photographer: Carmen Troesser