Have your cakes and protein too. Prepare these pancakes as the ultimate nutritional foundation for an endurance event…whether you’re competing in the Kona Ironman or going out for a casual 10 miles with friends, these pancakes offer an endurance-focused 4:1 ratio of Carbs to Protein to fuel your body! You can also enjoy these ultra-healthy GF pancakes even if you just plan to sit on the porch swing and read the newspaper all day…
Chickpea flour provides a wonderful texture and is high in protein and dietary fiber. The chia seeds and blueberries complete the nutritional profile, making these a gold medal choice whenever your heart desires.
Ingredients (Makes 8-10 5 inch pancakes)
- 1 cup organic almond milk
- 1 free-range egg
- 1/3 cup organic applesauce
- 1 cup chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon non-gmo cornstarch
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup organic blueberries
- Grass-Fed ghee for cooking
- Place all ingredients (except blueberries and ghee) into your high-speed blender or food processor and mix until just smooth.
- Melt ghee on cast iron flat top griddle (or non-stick griddle).
- Pour batter to make pancakes.
- Drop 8-10 blueberries on top of the pancakes before flipping.
- Enjoy immediately with maple syrup or honey!
|Servings Per Recipe||4|
* Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving.
Photographer: Carmen Troesser