Blueberry Chickpea Pancakes
Have your cakes and protein too. Prepare these pancakes as the ultimate nutritional foundation for an endurance event…whether you’re competing in the Kona Ironman or going out for a casual 10 miles with friends, these pancakes offer an endurance-focused 4:1 ratio of Carbs to Protein to fuel your body! You can also enjoy these ultra-healthy GF pancakes even if you just plan to sit on the porch swing and read the newspaper all day…
Chickpea flour provides a wonderful texture and is high in protein and dietary fiber. The chia seeds and blueberries complete the nutritional profile, making these a gold medal choice whenever your heart desires.
Ingredients (Makes 8-10 5 inch pancakes)
- 1 cup organic almond milk
- 1 free-range egg
- 1/3 cup organic applesauce
- 1 cup chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon non-gmo cornstarch
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup organic blueberries
- Grass-Fed ghee for cooking
- Place all ingredients (except blueberries and ghee) into your high-speed blender or food processor and mix until just smooth.
- Melt ghee on cast iron flat top griddle (or non-stick griddle).
- Pour batter to make pancakes.
- Drop 8-10 blueberries on top of the pancakes before flipping.
- Enjoy immediately with maple syrup or honey!
|Servings Per Recipe||4|
* Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving.
Photographer: Carmen Troesser