Brown Butter Candied Pecans
This time of year we’re all about pecans! We love them in pies, on sweet potatoes and salads, or just toasted on their own. Our version of candied pecans takes the flavor up a notch and keeps the carbs down, using monk fruit as a sweetener.
Pecans are often overlooked as one of the healthier nuts. However, they actually have fewer net carbs than almonds or cashews, making them a good fit for anyone on a ketogenic diet. They also boost your immune system with zinc, your heart with monounsaturated fats, and your brain with vitamin E.
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1 TB grass-fed butter
- 1 TB organic monk fruit sweetener
- pinch sea salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium skillet, melt butter and heat until it starts to brown, about three minutes. Turn off heat and stir in sweetener until dissolved. Add pecans, salt and cayenne pepper and toss until all pecans are coated.
3. Spread onto a sheet pan and place in oven for 8-10 minutes, or until pecans are crispy and toasted.
4. Let cool and enjoy alone as a topping for salads or desserts.
|Servings Per Recipe||6|
*Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving.
Photographer: Carmen Troesser