Cruciferous vegetables and grass-fed protein all wrapped up in a neat delicious package! This easy dinner recipe replaces the rice from the traditional recipe with riced cauliflower to keep the carbs low. Extra vitamins, fiber and disease-fighting phytochemicals are a bonus!
- 8-10 organic cabbage leaves
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef, 80/20
- 1 1/2 cup organic cauliflower rice
- 4 organic button mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 organic yellow onion, chopped
- 1 TB cold-pressed olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup organic marinara sauce
- 1/4 c grated aged parmesan
- scallions for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place about 3 inches of water in a large pot and heat to a boil. Place cabbage leaves in the pot and cover. Let steam for 4-5 minutes, or until cabbage leaves are tender but not overcooked. Remove from water and drain on paper towels.
3. Place oil in medium skillet with onions and saute until slightly translucent. Add ground beef and cook until browned. Add cauliflower and mushrooms and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Add salt, stir, and remove from heat.
4. Place cabbage leaves on a sheet pan with stems facing away from you. Place two tablespoons of meat mixture on each leaf. Roll from the stem side, tucking edges in and under as you go.
5. Top with tomato sauce and cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with scallions and serve.
|Servings Per Recipe||4|
*Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving.
Photographer: Carmen Troesser