The goal at Metabolic Meals has always been to improve health first which in turn makes fat loss easier. Rather than focusing on portion control and calorie counting, we emphasize food quality, nutrient ratios, and food rotation. Read More
Many people fail to realize that fat loss is much more than calories in vs. calories out. When you eat to improve your health you will inevitably lose body fat. This is the only strategy that works long term. So how do you eat in a way to prevent malnutrition, improve your health and keep body fat off-Permanently? Read More
The world we live in is a more toxic place than ever before. In fact, over 80,000 toxins can be found that did not exist before 1960. Many experts feel that specific toxins can be blamed for many “new” medical conditions such as cancer, metabolic syndrome and ADD/ADHD to name a few. Read More
Many functional medical practitioners agree that the THREE main causes of obesity: Stress, Malnutrition and Toxicity. Each one of these factors is worthy of an article of its own. This will be a 3 part series with quick tips on how to manage each issue and improve your health by doing so. Read More
7 Fat Loss Tips For Women:
- Get 50g of protein in before noon – this boosts neurotransmitters and sets you up to eat better the rest of the day
- Eliminate gluten – only get your carbs from low gi fruits, vegetables and brown rice
- Stay off of the treadmill – strength training and is much more effective at burning bodyfat.
- Take 2 – 4g of fish oil with each meal – this will increase insulin sensitivity and turns on the lypolytic gene(fat burning gene)
- Go to bed before 11pm and get 8hours of sleep – seems simple, but this strategy can raise growth hormone and lower cortisol substantially. I have seen this make a big difference with my clients.
- Cheat every 5th day. If you have eaten correctly, an occasional cheat meal can increase your metabolism. Remember, you should earn your cheat!
- Drink more water – Dehydration leads to higher cortisol output, with its negative repercussions ranging from increased oxidative stress to the brain to increased fat storage.
1) Get your Zinc Levels Tested – I do this with most of my clients, especially males. If yourzinc levels are low, you are not maximizing your testosterone. In fact, you may be aromatizing (converting it into estrogen). For gains in muscle mass, increased exercise recovery, improved mood and less risk of “Man Boobs” do yourself a favor and get your levels checked! Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to have you zinc levels tested. Read More
A study conducted by Phoenix-based Kronos Longevity Research Institute (KLRI) found that a diet high in omega-3 fat improves insulin sensitivity and reduces inflammatory markers, but does not alter endocrine responsiveness. This study was recently published in Hormones and Metabolic Research. Read More