Chicken Pho with Zucchini Noodles
Perfect for a chilly day, this delicate broth will fill your kitchen with authentic Vietnamese aromas while warming your senses. Fragrant and utterly soothing, this quick soup recipe is full of gut-healing properties thanks to the bone broth. We’ve also replaced the traditional rice noodles with zucchini noodles to keep the carbs low.
- 1 large organic zucchini
- 1 cooked all-natural chicken breast, sliced
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp organic coconut aminos
- 1/2 organic yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 inch ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 1 star anise pod
- 1 cardamom pod
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 whole clove
- 1/4 tsp fennel seed
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp salt
- optional garnishes: bean sprouts, cilantro, basil, red chili, green onion, lime
1. In a medium saucepan, pour in stock and water along with all spices and onion, fish sauce and coconut aminos. Bring to a simmer and continue to simmer for 20 minutes.
2. While the broth is cooking, prepare the bowls with the spiraled zucchini and chicken.
3. When broth has simmered for 20 minutes, strain and pour over bowls to enjoy immediately.
4. Garnish generously with your choice of: cilantro, basil, bean sprouts, chilis, green onions and a squeeze of lime if desired.
|Servings Per Recipe||2|
*Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving.
Photographer: Carmen Troesser