Chocolate Espresso Pudding
Rich, dark, decadent … and just in time for the holiday season! It’s hard to believe this simple treat is loaded with powerful antioxidants, bioflavonoids and magnesium.
The rich chocolate flavor comes from the cacao powder. Cacao, or “food of the gods,” is chocolate in its rawest form. Unroasted cocoa beans are cold-pressed, leaving all the nutritional benefits that are lost during processing of cocoa. Chia adds protein, healthy fats and fiber. Enjoy for breakfast or dessert without an ounce of guilt, but all the pleasure.
- 1 can organic, full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raw, organic cacao powder
- 2 TB monk fruit sweetener
- 5 TB organic chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp coffee extract
- 1 TB raw, organic cacao nibs for garnish
- 1 TB dairy-free dark chocolate chips for garnish
- Sea salt flakes for garnish
1. In a small saucepan on low to medium heat, pour in coconut milk, cacao powder and monk fruit sweetener. Whisk constantly as it heats, not bringing to a boil, but heating and stirring long enough for the sweetener to dissolve and the cacao powder to mix smoothly. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in chia seeds and coffee extract. Let rest for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Pudding is now ready to pour into cups and enjoy. However, If you prefer a smoother pudding, place in blender until smooth before serving. You can also place the pudding cups in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours before serving for a thicker consistency.
4. Garnish with cacao nibs, chocolate chips and sea salt flakes if desired.
|Servings Per Recipe||4|
*Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving.
Photographer: Carmen Troesser