Decadent Vegan Chocolate Mousse
A healthy lifestyle embraces moderation, but also the ability to indulge on occasion. Valentine’s Day is the perfect opportunity to treat the favorite person in your life with this decadent treat. When that indulgence includes, what some consider, the world’s most perfect food, it’s a match made in heaven.
Avocados are high in fiber, healthy fats, vitamins A and E, and potassium. Chocolate and avocados are also known aphrodisiacs. The Aztecs had so much faith in the avocado’s aphrodisiac qualities that they forbid virgins to leave the house while they were being harvested.
Not lucky in love? Try making this dessert and maybe your luck will change!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup organic coconut cream
Pinch sea salt
- Use a blender to mix all ingredients until smooth. (For a lighter consistency, then place mixture into a table-top mixer with a balloon whip, and whip on high for 60-90 seconds until light and fluffy.)
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with chocolate covered strawberries or raspberries.
|Servings Per Recipe||4|
* Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving.
Photographer: Carmen Troesser