EVOO Bruschetta With Asparagus Tips & Button Mushrooms
Nutrient-packed asparagus and garlic team up with tomatoes and mushrooms for a colorful indulgence: Bruschetta! Extra virgin olive oil’s monounsaturated fats help to lower cholesterol and supply high levels of antioxidant polyphenols and oleic acid.
Enjoy this classic, guilt-free!
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 disc shapes of GF bread
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 organic button mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 bunch pencil-thin organic asparagus, remove tips (save the bottoms for soup)
- 1 small organic tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- Parmesan curls
- Drops of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a circle cutter, cut out 4 disc shapes of gluten-free bread.
- Heat a grill, brush the bread with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and place on grill to achieve crisscross marks.
- Set aside.
- In an appropriately sized skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté the mushrooms and asparagus until al dente.
- Season them with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread a thin layer of garlic paste on the griddled bread, then layer the mushrooms, asparagus, and chopped tomato on top.
- Place several parmesan curls on each bruschetta and bake until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with a few drops of balsamic vinegar.
Photographer: Carmen Troesser