By now, we all know the amazing anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric. The challenge is incorporating it into our daily routines in a delicious and comforting way. Golden milk is the golden ticket.
We start with turmeric paste, a jar to keep in your refrigerator to have on hand for your daily cup of golden milk, shakes or even your savory dishes. For golden milk, we simmer it together with your favorite nut milk and black pepper, which increases it’s bioavailability by 2000%! Add a bit of honey and cinnamon and it’s a delicious way to start your day. You can even add a shot of espresso to make the healthiest morning latte ever. Without the added jolt of caffeine, it’s the perfect way to wind down before bed.
- ¼ cup turmeric powder
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ cup purified water
- Place all ingredients into small saucepan.
- Mix well over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is a thick paste.
- Let cool and place in a small jar to keep in the fridge.
- 1 cup organic cashew, almond, or coconut milk
- 1 tsp turmeric paste
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Manuka honey to taste
- Place milk into saucepan and gently heat on low.
- Whisk in turmeric paste, coconut oil, cinnamon and honey. (Be careful NOT to boil)
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
|Servings Per Recipe||1|
* Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving.
Photographer: Carmen Troesser