Grilled Eggplant and Tomato Stacks
Dust off your grills, fire ’em up, and enjoy these tasty stacks of summer! Serve these as a starter course or as a stand-alone entrée that’s filled with healthful ingredients and summer flavors!
- 1 large organic eggplant
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 large organic tomatoes
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced organic garlic
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 bunch fresh organic basil
- Balsamic vinegar for drizzle
1. Slice eggplant into 1/2 inch slices. Place on a paper towel and sprinkle generously with salt on both sides and allow to rest for about twenty minutes. This will help remove extra water from the eggplant so it is less soggy when cooked. Longer resting will remove more water but we’ve found it isn’t absolutely necessary if you’re in a rush.
2. While the eggplant is resting, slice the tomatoes into 1/2 inch rounds.
3. After twenty minutes, rub the excess salt off the eggplant and brush each side with a mixture of minced garlic and olive oil.
4. Heat the grill and place eggplant on the grill for 3-4 minutes on each side.
5. Remove from heat and top each round with a slice of tomato, sprinkle with feta and garnish with fresh basil. Finish each stack with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Enjoy immediately!
|Servings Per Recipe||4|
* Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving.
Photographer: Carmen Troesser