NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by the Company to a third party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of the Privacy Manager or write us at Metabolic Meals, LLC, 464 Bussen Underground Road, St. Louis, Missouri, 63129, Attention: Privacy Manager.
DO WE SELL OR RENT YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
No, as a general rule, we do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. If and whenever we intend to share your personally identifiable information with a third party (other than to a business partner as provided herein), you will be notified at the time of data collection or transfer, and you will have the option of not permitting the transfer. However, we may from time to time rent or sell demographic information in the aggregate that does not contain your personally identifiable information.
DO WE PROVIDE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE THIRD PARTIES’ DIRECT MARKETING?
No, the Company will not disclose personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you first affirmatively agree to that disclosure, or if you have exercised an option that prevents that information from being disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. “Direct marketing purposes” means the use of personal information to solicit or induce a purchase, rental, lease, or exchange of products, goods, property or services directly to individuals by means of the mail, telephone, or electronic mail for their personal, family, or household purposes. “Direct marketing purposes” does not include the use of personal information (a) by bona fide tax exempt charitable or religious organizations to solicit charitable contributions; (b) to raise funds from and communicate with individuals regarding politics and government; (c) by a third party when the third party receives personal information solely as a consequence of having obtained for consideration permanent ownership of accounts that might contain personal information; or (d) by a third party when the third party receives personal information solely as a consequence of a single transaction where, as a part of the transaction, personal information had to be disclosed in order to effectuate the transaction.
WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DO WE OBTAIN FROM YOU? WHEN DO WE OBTAIN SUCH INFORMATION?
If, upon visiting our Web Site, your use is limited to browsing our informational content, we will not require that you provide us with any personally identifiable information. However, we may request personal information from you at other times. For example:
- If you join a plan through our Web Site, we may ask that you provide us with certain personal information, including your name, credit card number, expiration date, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number. Your credit card information will be transferred to authorize.net for processing. Authorize.net (as discussed in more detail below) employs a variety of security and risk management technologies to facilitate secure online transactions and to protect your credit information. You can find more information about authorize.net at www. Authorize.net.
- If you post to our discussion forums, we will ask that you provide us with your name, e-mail address and password.
- If you want to enter any sweepstakes, contests or promotions sponsored by us or by one of our business partners, we will need your name, e-mail address and other information as may be required by the rules of the specific contest.
- If you choose to participate in a customer survey conducted by us or by one of our business partners, we may ask for your name, e-mail address and other information as may be required by the particular survey.
- If you report a problem or submit a customer review, we will ask that you provide your name, e-mail address, membership number, address, phone number and fax number. Should you contact us for any reason other than to report a problem and/or submit a review, we may also keep a record and/or copy of your correspondence with us.
HOW DO WE PROTECT THE SECURITY AND QUALITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To protect the security and quality of your personal information, we have implemented technical and managerial procedures to maintain accurate, current and complete information as well as to protect your personal information against loss, misuse or alteration when it is under our control. Your personally identifiable information will be encrypted and stored on our secured servers. Your personal information is also password protected so that access is limited to yourself and those with whom you share your password, the Company, as well as third-party access facilitated by the Company with your prior permission. We have also taken steps to help protect the integrity of your personal financial information when you complete a purchase transaction on our Web Site. As noted above, we use authorize.net to facilitate confidential online business transactions. Authorize.net helps prevent your credit information from being read by unauthorized persons as this information is transmitted over the Internet. Metabolic Meals employs the web Server using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption for the secure exchange of your personal information and the authorize.net system. The Metabolic Meals transaction system passes your credit information through its system, but does not retain any credit card numbers. Once the transaction is completed, information about the sale (without credit card information) is stored in a password-protected online database maintained by Metabolic Meals. Only in an offline and offsite accounting server does authorize.net retain the entire transaction record. This eliminates the ability of hackers to gain access to your personal information. In addition, authorize.net processes all transactions by private digital lines, and not via the Internet. You can find more information about authorize.net at www. Authorize.net.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Our primary use of your information is to administer, maintain and improve your experience on our Web Site generally, as well as provide you with customized, personalization services and interactive communications.
- If you subscribe to our Newsletter on our Web Site, we will from time to time send you e-mails regarding our Web Site, Newsletter and special promotions. Also, we occasionally may send you direct mail about products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- We use your financial information (e.g., your credit card number) only to verify your credit and to bill you for memberships purchased through our Web Site. We also use your contact information as necessary to send you information about the memberships that you have purchased on our Web Site.
When you enter any sweepstakes, contests or promotions sponsored by us or by one of our business partners, we may use your e-mail address to send you status updates.
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the services offered on our Web Site. We also use your IP address to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information that we may share with our business partners, but only in the aggregate, without any of your personally identifiable information.
- We may research the demographics, interests and behavior of our customers based on the information provided to us during membership registration, during sweepstakes, contests and promotions, from our server log files, from cookies and from surveys. Our research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis. We may share this aggregate data with business partners, but only in the aggregate, without any of your personally identifiable information.
CAN YOU “OPT-OUT” OF RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE COMPANY?
If you change your mind and decide that you no longer want to receive promotional e-mails, newsletters and/or direct mailings, you may opt-out at any time by simply sending an e-mail request to email@example.com or by following a link in the footer of all non-transactional e-mail messages sent by us. Similarly, if you are not receiving our promotional e-mails and/or direct mailings and wish to receive these materials, you may opt-in at any time by simply sending an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW CAN YOU UPDATE, CORRECT OR DELETE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
You may edit your personally identifiable information and your password at any time by sending an e-mail request to email@example.com.
DO YOU HAVE CHOICES ABOUT COOKIES?
Yes, you have several choices with respect to cookies. You can modify your browser preferences to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. However, our Web Site uses cookie-based authentication. Accordingly, if you choose to reject all cookies, you may not be able to log onto our Web Site and/or use our services or participate in our sweepstakes, contests or promotions.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT YOUR ONLINE PRIVACY?
Our Web Site and our products and services are not directed to persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without such parent’s or guardian’s consent, he or she should contact the Company. If the Company becomes aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information, the Company will delete such information from our files.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
The Company reserves the right to modify this privacy statement at any time. If we decide to change this privacy statement in any material way, the Company will notify you here, by e-mail, or by means of a notice on the Web Site so that our users are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it. For material changes in how we use personal information, we will provide advance notice by e-mail (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of notice on the Web Site prior to the change becoming effective. In all cases, your continued use of the Web Site or our products and services constitutes consideration and your binding acceptance to any such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement or the practices of our Web Site, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our contact page.