Shredded Beef and Red Cabbage Jicama Tacos
Grain-free, low-carb tacos? Yes! Try sliced jicama for your shells and you might not ever go back. They add just the right amount of crispy crunch while also aiding digestion, boosting immunity, and helping maintain a healthy blood pressure. This recipe can be used with almost any leftover protein, so you can easily swap the beef with what’s in your fridge!
- 6 ounces shredded grass-fed beef
- 6 finely sliced pieces of jicama
- 1 c organic red cabbage, shredded
- 2 small organic radishes
- 1 TB sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp organic cumin
- juice from one lime, divided
- 1/4 tsp black sesame seeds
- cilantro for garnish
1. Slice your jicama. This is most easily done with a mandoline slicer but can also be done carefully with a knife. Slices should be very thin, about 1/16 inch.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, juice from one half of the lime and cumin. Add cabbage and radishes and toss until coated.
3. Heat 1 TB oil on medium in a heavy skillet and add shredded beef and cook until heated through. Season with salt to taste.
4. Lay out your jicama slices and top with beef, cabbage and radishes, and garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro and juice from remaining 1/2 lime if desired. Enjoy immediately!
|Servings Per Recipe||2|
*Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving.
Photographer: Carmen Troesser