Sweet Potato Tots
Combine your love of sweet potato fries with the nostalgia you feel for that school cafeteria staple and what do you get? A crunchy-on-the-outside, soft-on-the-inside sweet potato tot that gives you all the health benefits that come with this delicious root vegetable. One sweet potato satisfies half of your daily vitamin C requirement and contains healthy doses of vitamins A, E, B6, and D, plus magnesium and potassium. Coconut oil lends a delicate hint of coconut flavor and healthy fats.
- 1 small Organic Sweet Potato, mashed
- 1 small Organic Sweet Potato, grated
- 1 Free-Range Egg
- 1 TB Organic Chickpea Flour
- 1/4 C Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/4 TSP Sea Salt
- 1/4 TSP Onion Powder
- 1/4 TSP Garlic Powder
- pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 C Organic Coconut Oil for frying
1. Combine all ingredients except the oil.
2. Form small 1-inch ovals with the mixture and place on parchment paper.
3. Heat oil in a medium skillet and fry tots, turning halfway, until golden brown.
4. Serve with your favorite organic ketchup or olive oil-based chipotle mayo.
Yields about 24 tots, depending on size.
|Servings Per Recipe||4|
* Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving
Photographer: Carmen Troesser