Triple Green Hulk Smoothie
Matcha (Japanese green tea powder) is the new “craze”, and for good reason! It is rich in nutrients, antioxidants, fiber and chlorophyll. The health benefits of matcha exceed those of other green teas because matcha drinkers ingest the whole leaf, not just the brewed water. One glass of matcha is the equivalent of 10 glasses of green tea in terms of nutritional value and antioxidant content.
Many coffee drinkers are switching out their favorite brew for this caffeinated and highly nutritious alternative. Because you’re consuming whole leaves in matcha, you may get three times as much caffeine than a cup of steeped tea, about the amount in a cup of brewed coffee.
The Triple Green Matcha smoothie bowl takes nutrition to new heights by pairing matcha with other healthful powerhouse staples, such as avocado and spinach. Tropical fruits and a touch of raw honey complete this smoothie bowl and give you one more reason not to skip the most important meal of the day!
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup organic spinach leaves (or green leaves of your choice)
- 2 cups of frozen organic tropical fruit
- ½ avocado
- 2 teaspoon Matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into bowls and garnish the top with walnuts, blueberries, and pumpkin seeds, OR your favorite gluten-free granola!
- Caution- may cause extreme good health!
Photographer: Carmen Troesser