Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocado
A refreshingly light meal perfect for a breezy spring day. The tuna stuffed avocado is jam packed with lean protein, healthy fats, and the anti-inflammatory and cardiovascular benefits of Vitamin E – prevalent in sunflower seeds.
Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocado Ingredients
- 5 oz tuna, canned wild-caught
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon minced white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced sun dried tomato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil based mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- Split the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Scoop half the meat out of each half, but leave a 1/4 inch border around the skin.
- In a mixing bowl, add the tuna, avocado meat, lime juice, onion, sun-dried tomato, mayonnaise, and cayenne. Mix it well, then add salt and white pepper as needed.
- Stuff the tuna salad into the avocado halves. Garnish the top with the sunflower seeds and fresh cilantro.
Nutrition Facts (Serving Size: 1 half)
Photographer: Carmen Troesser